Friday, September 16, 2016

Fun with Fowls

My sister found this one during our mid-week commute:





Main meat meal: This week I started with a whole chicken from my freezer.  I have less experience with whole chicken, but we made it work.

Monday: I put in the bottom of the crockpot: onions, celery, carrots and potatoes.  I put the chicken on top of that, rubbed the skin with olive oil, sprinkled it with salt and paper and let it cook on low all day.  For dinner, I put the vegetables in a bowl with the some chicken for everyone.  My 9yo remarked, "Oh good!  I like it when we have meat and vegetable meals!"  I know.  I was surprised, too. 

Day 2: I used this recipe and made some CSA green beans on the side.  It was a big hit.  Very few leftovers. 

Day 3: We eat in the car on this day because of crazy commuting, so there were quesadillas with the option of burrito filling inside.

Day 4: Picnic day with Daddy.  I sauteed peppers and onions and added some leftover chicken.  I put these on buns, added a little tomato sauce to the top, and sprinkled shredded cheese overall.  I broiled them till the cheese melted and made sandwiches, with sliced peppers and sliced cucumbers on the side. 

Day 5: Not my circus.  Daddy brings home dinner. I am using the last bones of the chicken to make soup, though, to fend off a cold.

Day 6: Weekend rush: Where we will polish off leftovers. 


Day 7: We'll know when we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment